[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frostpaw <frostpaw2000 dash m0n0wall at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Firewall rules have no effect on PPTP
 Date:  Tue, 7 Jun 2005 17:01:29 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I am running m0n0wall version 1.2b8 on a PC-Engines Wrap 1E-2.  I have
encountered a bug in the software that I believe was originally reported in
this archived email:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=81&actionargs[]=80.

The bug I am encountering is this:

I have PPTP enabled on m0n0wall, and I would like to configure IP-based access
restriction to it.  Unfortunately, no matter what blocking firewall rules I
apply to the WAN interface (blocking TCP 1723 for example), access to PPTP is

Perhaps what is needed is a feature to disable the implicit 1723 allow rule?

Thanks for developing a great product.  m0n0wall is the best!

Best Regards,
-Frostpaw