[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tom Anderson" <tom at haremail dot net>
 To:  "Daniel L. Hunter" <dhunter at techmethods dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Rack Mount m0n0wall - Michael Bachmann
 Date:  Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:53:05 -0700
I built mine based on a Nokia IP330. It's a 1U rackmount case with an AMD
266MHz processor, 128MB of RAM, no video card (or provision for a video
card) and no keyboard/mouse connectors. It has 3 built-in, front-facing
10/100 NICs and comes with an 8GB Western Digital hard drive, which I
replaced with a 64MB CF card and adapter. It works beautifully. I have seen
plenty of these same boxes for sale on ebay for well under $100. I got mine
for free from somebody who was clearing out a bunch of older equipment.