[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Assigning different default gateway to clients via DHCP
 Date:  Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:59:48 +0100
Does anyone know if it's possible for m0n0's DHCP server to assign a
different default gateway to static leases, i.e. not itself?

I have a client with 2 ADSL connections (and 2 m0n0walls) - one connection
is purely for VoIP usage, the other is for general net usage. However, both
phones and network clients are on the same network subnet, and it isn't
really feasible to change that (users like to be able to move phones and
clients to any network points in the building).

I don't know if it's one of the hidden DHCP options in the config file or
whether it's even possible to do what I've described. The alternative is to
manually configure all the phones with static IPs and bypass DHCP entirely
for them, but in the long term as the number of phones increases, I can see
this being an administrative nightmare. At least if all the config is done
in one place (m0n0) it makes it easy to update stuff remotely as
requirements change.

Any thoughts gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Chris