[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dave Schultz" <daveschultz underscore 2004 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Kind of a strange setup
 Date:  Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:09:37 -0600
Hi there. I am trying to use m0n0, possibly with a strange setup. I don't
need it as a firewall, I just want it to run DHCP, DNS, and Captive Portal
for public internet access. The internet access will actually run through
the optional port on my hardware firewall. I have set it up with a WAN
address of 192.168.10.1 (Static) with a gateway of 192.168.10.100 (internal
address of firewall optional port), and a LAN address of 192.168.10.2. I
took the checkmark out to block internal addresses. The DHCP and DNS are
working fine, I get an IP address and DNS is working as I can ping an
external web page by name. I am not however able to browse any web pages. At
this point I do not have the Captive Portal activated, and all other
settings are at default. Any help with this would be great.

Thanks

Technology

first two months FREE*.