 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] filter.inc
 Date:  Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:42:09 +0200
On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 21:33, Anastasija Bosiha wrote:
> Hi to All,
>
> I would edit default firewall ruleset for my m0n0.
> For this purposes I have run m0n0 with ssh support and edited
> /etc/inc/filter.inc file on Comact Flash card, but after reboot all changes
> disappear... :(
> What could be reason of this?

M0n0wall runs on a RAM-disk, that is loaded from the CF on boot, som
everything that's not in config.xml will be forgotten on boot.

If you want custom changes that can't be done via config.xml you need to
make your own image.

Eventually you could edit your file, copy it to the location of
config.xml and insert a command in config.xml to copy it to the right
location when booting.

That should work I guess.