[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Tom Anderson <tom at haremail dot net>
 Cc:  Vinc Duran <uberpfloyd at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Rack Mount m0n0wall - Michael Bachmann
 Date:  Thu, 9 Jun 2005 08:31:29 -0400
Here's another solution I thought about using: Dell Powereedge
PowerApp 100 from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51225&item=5780742708&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Except, I would probably swap out the scsi drive and controller for
one of the ribbon cable style ide-to-flash connectors...to reduce heat
and noise.

I opted for a Dell Optiplex GX150 small tower, mainly for flexibility.
I took out the HD and installed a CF card to IDE directly into IDE0
and added a couple of NIC's. Works great. Practically silent, very
little heat.

- Don

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51167&item=5780413450&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW