[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Jonathan De Graeve <jonathan dot de dot graeve at imelda dot be>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: Captive Portal/Radius Prepaid
 Date:  Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:32:03 +0200
On 09.06.05 18:25 +0200, Jonathan De Graeve wrote:

> I have the same problem here. I know theres a Radius logout feature
> (some sort of disconnect) wich tells the nas to disconnect a
> certain user.

Is there? That wouldn't work for m0n0wall anyway as there's no
program running that listens to RADIUS packets all the time.

> I will be implementing this feature in M0n0wall as soon I have time
> (our if somebody could help me doing it)

I've already done that (optional feature where the captive portal
reauthenticates all connected users once every minute and disconnects
those for whom the RADIUS server returns an Access-Reject).
Accounting can also be handled with RADIUS interim updates (code 3)
if desired. This was paid work for a Swiss company; I think they
agree to this code being released in public versions, but I'll have
to ask again to make sure.

- Manuel