[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Suhre <jsuhre at nullconcepts dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  dnsmasq. forwarding all request for a given domain to a spacific server.
 Date:  Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:51:16 -0400
Hi all I need a little sanity check.

Here is the scenario. I'm testing m0n0wall (net45xx) as a client end of
a Site2Site OpenVPN setup. One of my last hurdles to a small test
deployment is that we use a internal company only domain. So I want
dnsmasq setup to use the users ISP for all normal DNS lookups.  But
lookups for our internal domain should be forwarded to the company DNS
cache.  This way if the tunnel drops the user doesn't loss there ability
to surf the net.

Now I know dnsmasq is capable of this by passing a ARG like
--server=/domain_name/dns_cache_ip and I've got it working using
exec.php. My questions are is this the only way to get dnsmasq to do
this or is there some other way i.e. config file. And is there a way to
set this up in the web interface (incidentally making me totally blind
hence the sanity check)? If it's not there yet I'd be more then happy to
code it up.

Thanks!
    Joe