[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  Gary Barclay <badimba at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0Wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: ADSL Link with DSL-300T modem on WAN IF.
 Date:  Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:42:30 +0100
Gary,

In message <baa2bdd9050609163142845e2f at mail dot gmail dot com>, Gary Barclay
<badimba at gmail dot com> writes
>On 09/06/05, Gary Barclay <badimba at gmail dot com> wrote:
>> Has anyone got this combination working with a m0n0 box?
>> I have trawled through the lists and found mention of a patch that
>> changes the routing to use an int rather than IP?  Has this been
>> implemented into m0n0 or is still required?
>Still trying to get this to work.
>Anyone got any suggestions, tricks, advice?
>Doesn't seem to be an unreasonable thing to do but not getting the
>result I want.
>I've read on the web that the dhcp server passes the lan address
>first, then a few minutes later, the wan address.
>Anyone confirm this?
I used to have my router working that way on my Origo router before I
got a /29.  This is known as PPP Half-Bridged mode.  The router would
lease it's WAN IP address to the firewall.  I had this working for a
long time on IPCop, then I switched to m0n0wall where it worked for
quite a while.  I then started having problems, switched back to NAT
mode on the router and then applied for a /29.

Never tried it on a D-Link.  I did have a DSL-500T for a short while but
that didn't even support half-bridged mode so I swapped it for the
Origo.

HTH,

                                Neil.

--
Neil A. Hillard                E-Mail:   neil at dana dot org dot uk
                               Web:      http://www.dana.org.uk/