[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Gary Barclay <badimba at gmail dot com>
 To:  Christian H Borrman <chb at orange dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0Wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: ADSL Link with DSL-300T modem on WAN IF.
 Date:  Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:09:00 +0100
Chris,
I'm trying to do the same as Neil was doing with his Origo box.
The DSL-300T supports 'Bridging' when selecting this option all the
configuration paramters normally available are removed from the GUI of
the modem.  This should then allow for the PPP negotiation to be
handled by M0n0wall.  With this configuration, I am unable to get
m0n0wall to establish a PPP link through the modem.  I have tested
that PPPoE works on this particular DSLAM by using a different device
to establish the connection with no problems, furthermore when the
modem is used to establish the connection, it too has no problems.
The problem is that m0n0wall does not seem to be able to use PPPoE
through the modem to establish a connection.  I realise now that I
should have taken a copy of the logs.  I am no longer on site, having
had to revert back to the original config.  I will post the logs as
soon as I get them but in the mean time if there is anything else I
could try or need to be made aware of...please feel free.

Cheers
Gary