[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Anders Hagman <anders dot hagman at netplex dot se>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, Gary Barclay <badimba at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: ADSL Link with DSL-300T modem on WAN IF.
 Date:  Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:32:20 +0200
Hi

fredag 10 juni 2005 13.09 skrev Gary Barclay:
> Chris,
> I'm trying to do the same as Neil was doing with his Origo box.
> The DSL-300T supports 'Bridging' when selecting this option all the
> configuration paramters normally available are removed from the GUI of
> the modem.  This should then allow for the PPP negotiation to be
> handled by M0n0wall.  With this configuration, I am unable to get
> m0n0wall to establish a PPP link through the modem.  I have tested
> that PPPoE works on this particular DSLAM by using a different device
> to establish the connection with no problems, furthermore when the
> modem is used to establish the connection, it too has no problems.
> The problem is that m0n0wall does not seem to be able to use PPPoE
> through the modem to establish a connection.

You have probably tested it all but...

I have used both 300G and 300T with PPPoE on the m0n0wall and it have worked
for me.

One problem with the 300T and Ericsson DSLAM exists. An update can be
found at www.dlink.se.

The 300T is a "router" with builtin modem and if it finds a PPPoE server
it automaticlly switches to router mode and turns the DHCP server on.
Check if the DHCP server is off.

When you apply changes to the modem they will not be saved and if you
turn off power it will revert to router mode.
In the tools - commands menu you will find a save command.

And as always check the ATM VPI/VCI values, if to use VC or LLC multiplexing
and so on.