[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Wilks" <adam dot wilks at weymouthwireless dot co dot uk>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: ADSL Link with DSL-300T modem on WAN IF.
 Date:  Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:22:41 +0100
If you look further into the problem I believe you will find that the
DSL-300T is in fact a 'half-bridge' meaning it will bridge frames from
Ethernet to ADSL but leave the modem to perform all authentication with your
ISP.

...at least this is how mine works with an X-Modem from ADSL nation.

Even with the modem handling auth, you will probably need to apply the m0n0
patch I knocked up some time ago (with help from the list) which alters the
default route after a public IP has been established. I forget details now,
but my previous posts should help you.

Try executing these commands from the exec.php page to test before
patching...

    route delete default
    route add default -interface -link tl0

Substitute tl0 for your WAN interface adapter.

If it works, mail me for the patch.

Would be nice to see someone build a 1.11 image with it incorporated? Anyone
up to it, or has it been done already? :)

Hope this helps someone.

Regards,

Adam Wilks