[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  [off-topic] mapped drive through a vpn tunnel
 Date:  Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:46:28 -0400
I know this is somewhat off topic from the m0n0wall list server, but
being a member and user of m0n0wall, I have seen some pretty
high-speed people on this list who can hopefully answer my question

We are moving some of our application servers off site to a co-lo. In
testing, we are having a problem running a legacey application, which
happens to only work properly on a windows 95/98 box. This is a long
story, but not really part of the question.

The question posed to me:

If we leave this one box at our main office, can we map a drive letter
from the windows 98 box --> to a server at the co-lo ? My first
response was no. But in thinking about this, I was wondering if I
could use a VPN tunnel connecting the two networks ?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated