[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Lawson" <alawson at calhost dot com>
 To:  "'Don Munyak'" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] [off-topic] mapped drive through a vpn tunnel
 Date:  Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:04:26 -0700
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to unless an admin (such as myself)
between you and the server denies it at the firewall. I know we deny all
outbound VPN traffic from non-authorized hosts because in our situation it
serves no purpose and essentially indicates that someone is up to something
non-work related. And we only allow inbound VPN connections from specific
IPs (another site for instance).

Try using VPN and private addressing for security sake and make sure your
firewalls allow that sort of traffic (again - some companies have 3rd
parties manage their firewalls and kill VPN except to/from specific IPs).

--
Adam Lawson
Support Engineer; NORCAL Active Adult