[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andreas Dijkman" <rippie at initfour dot nl>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  M0n0wall from a diskonchip
 Date:  Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:19:51 +0200
I've received from someone the image for m0n0wall 1.2b3 with
flashdisk-support. I want to upgrade to a newer version, but what will
happen if i do that? I just spend hours to flash the Disk-On-Chip module
with the right image and I don't want to do that again.
In the new kernel, is there support for flash-devices or will I have to
create an image for my own again (or ask someone to do that for me, because
I'm a BSD-n00b :-) ).

By the way, I'm impressed with the speed of the entire thing. I'm running it
of a Neoware EON 3000i. It has a Cyrix MediaGX 300Mhz, 128MB, a Realtek and
an Intel NIC and a Disk-On-Chip 16MB.

So, can I just upgrade or do I have to make a custom image?

Andreas