[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Andreas Dijkman <rippie at initfour dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall from a diskonchip
 Date:  Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:42:12 -0400
I had 1.2b3 running on a CF card. Once configured and running, it was
easy to upgrade.

Downloade "generic-pc-*.img" image you want from m0n0.ch/wall to a
local folder on your pc.

Go to System \ Firmware page of your m0n0wall fw. Click the "Enable
Firmware Upload" button. There is a button "BROWSE". Click this to
find the "new" image you want to install. Once you have found the
image you want to upgrade to, click "Upgrade Firmware".

This will upgrade your m0n0wall version AND reboot the firewall.
Make a backup of your config file just incase.

I did not experience any problems. Pretty painless.

- Don