[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FAQ 13.36 - tweaks large loads
 Date:  Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:22:07 -0400
On 6/12/05, Marcelo Webber <marcewebb at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I've tryied to modify "/cf/boot/loader.rc" but as it's a Read-Only System
> File, couldn't replace, delete or CHMOD it.
>
> 1) Can I change "kern.ipc.nmbclusters=32768" in another way?

you can do it in exec.php or in <shellcmd> as Jeroen suggested, but
this is completely unnecessary for your setup.

> 2) Does it helps with plenty of Users (7 of 10) using "p2p" that always EAT
> my connection?

Won't help at all unless you're seeing "out of mbuf" errors in your
logs.  The only setups I can remember from past posts to the list that
needed this had *thousands* of machines.  With only 512/128 Kb you'll
never exhaust the default value, so I wouldn't bother.  Just wasting
RAM.

> 3) I've already changed "kern.polling.enable=1", should this help too?

Yeah, but with only 512/128 and that (relatively) much hardware you
won't notice.

-Chris