[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall in a small ISP setting
 Date:  Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:02:51 -0500
Hey guys,

In the real world, I'm the sysadmin for a smaller cable MSO.  We're
getting ready to roll out VOIP to many of our systems, some small, some
large.

We are going to use a large capacity box like a Sandvine PTS for our
larger sites, but at ~$15K/box, that just won't cut it for our smaller
sites.

Is anyone using m0n0wall in bridging mode only in an ISP type setting
with 1 or 2 T1's?  I've already got all of the necessary access devices,
I was thinking about putting a m0n0wall with shaping turned on, and
bridging turned on as well.  Simply prioritize my SIP traffic, and bulk
classify the rest.  I'd think a 4801 would handle it?

However, there's no situation like the real world, so I was just
wondering if anyone else has used m0n0 in that type of setup.

Justin