[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "Justin Ellison" <justin at techadvise dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall in a small ISP setting
 Date:  Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:37:34 +0200
Hi Justin,

I have a similiar setup in use:

LAN1 (about 200 ports)----[m0n0
bridged+filtered]---[s2m-Router]------(2mbit/2mbit)-----[s2m-Router]---[m0n0
bridged+filtered]---LAN2 (about 50 ports)

m0n0s are used to do shaping for highpriority voip (1 voipgateway at each location talking to each
other, 8 channels g711 possible), making midpriority terminalsessions smooth (citrix), and dumping
all the rest to low priority.
system used have 233MHz cpus and 64 mb RAM. I think a 4801 should handle your bandwidth.

Regards,
Holger