[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Suhre <jsuhre at nullconcepts dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: dnsmasq. forwarding all request for a given domain to a spacific server.
 Date:  Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:07:04 -0400
Well thanks for the replies. As Chris pointed out this setup makes our
internal company domain fully available to remote site2site VPN users
without making those users dependent on the VPN or company DNS servers
for we access. Also in my orig post i described the ARG as
--server=/domain_name/dns_cache_ip this is slightly incorrect. It should
be --server=/domain_name/dns_auth_ip. The IP needs to be an
authoritative DNS server not a cache. All that said I just submitted a
patch to the dev list fully adding this functionality. So hopefully we
will see this in a future release of m0n0wall!

enjoy!
   Joe