[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  j2sw at mtin dot net
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Routing Ips
 Date:  Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:06:39 -0400
Chris is right.

What types of services are your trying to make publicly available for
your customers ? Is this one customer with many private nodes, or many
customers trying to access website virtuals...what ??

You could do 1:1 nat, which is explained in the documentation.

- Don

On 6/15/05, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On 6/15/05, Justin Wilson <j2sw at mtin dot net> wrote:
> >     I have been diving through the FAQs, and archives but have been a little
> > unsuccessful in finding out if and how I can do what I want to do.
> >
> >     Currently I am using Monowall as a gateway on a wireless network. I want
> > to be able to assign both public and private Ips to the inside network.
> >
> >     Currently monowall is dishing out 192.168.10.x ips. I want to be able to
> > statically assign on a machine a public IP and have it routed through
> > monowall. The Public Ips would not be DHCP, but assigned manually.
> >

> Easiest way, since you aren't going to have everything with public
> IP's, is probably to statically assign a private IP (or use DHCP
> reservations) to those hosts and use 1:1 NAT.
>
> -Chris

Don Munyak
Network Administrator
Professional Management Group of Virginia