[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hector Perez <healpercius at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Bridge on LAN interface?
 Date:  Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:34:22 -0700 (PDT)
Is posible to do this?

In the configuration that I have, I can only use 2
NICs.

 ________
(INTERNET)-----WAN---m0n0wall---LAN------10.0.0.0/24

                                     |---68.x.x.x/29
                                         Public IPs

Is a complex network (so many wireless bridges with
clients needing their public IP) and I'm not
interested that a LAN machine can see the "Internal"
public IP

I already did this with other interface (OPT1
connected to the LANs HUB)but from a moment to other
the Public IP start to say something like ... public
IP is owned by other machine...

2- Is posible to this with VLAN?

3- How I can route the 80's port traffic to make a
transparent web cache with Squid? is already
configured in other machine, and also I need working
the captive portal feature.

4- How I can assign bandwidth to the public IP clients
i.e

68.x.x.12/29 Upload 4Kbits Quote 16Kbits
68.x.x.12/29 Donwload 16Kbits Quote 64Kbits

In order to "control" the reduced internet chanel that
I have (128/32)

Thanks in advance.

Discover Yahoo!