[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Printing over pptp VPN
 Date:  Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:36:51 -0400
Eric Gregory wrote:
> I'm trying to print to my HP 8550N printer over the VPN.  I install
> the driver and the TCP/IP port for the printer and it knows the
> device is there but when I try to print it says the printer is
> unavailable.  I have only one firewall rule for my PPTP and that's
> allow any from any to any.  Is it possible to print this way?
anyone
> got it working?  on client side I'm just using the native win XP
pptp
> client.

I ASSUME that this is on a laptop...
Does it work when you are on the LAN? Make sure it works before you go
off the LAN and try the VPN.

Make sure the pptp VPN is connected before you try to print - I don't
think it will "dial-on-demand". Check to see if the printer is marked
as "offline". If you have the private IP as the IP for the TCP/IP
printing port, the pptp is connected, you should be able to print.

James W. McKeand