[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Martin" <SethM at turbinegenerator dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Printing over pptp VPN
 Date:  Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:52:26 -0400
You should be able to telnet into the port and type and it will print,
its fun to do this on old printers to scare people also. Is your PPTP
subnet different from your lan?  Will your printer support printing from
a diff subnet, sometimes they block this for security reasons.  We use a
computer as a centralized print server for all the office network
printers to help manage the queues and it works for PPTP but that's not
direct to the printer.

Check your firewall logs on the m0n0wall to make sure its not blocking
the data when you try to print also.