[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bjoern Euler (Lists at edain)" <lists at edain dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Free VPN Client
 Date:  Thu, 16 Jun 2005 21:27:00 +0200
 > While Microsoft Windows XP isn't free, it does include a VPN client by
 > default. You can create a VPN device by adding a "dialup" location and
 > choosing the PPTP (VPN) option. Then you configure m0n0 for PPTP.

Some people don't like to use PPTP in Windows for security reasons, see:
http://www.schneier.com/paper-pptp.pdf

Windows XP also has (limited) IPSec and some OSS projects try to build a
  GUI for it, e.g. http://sourceforge.net/projects/ivpn/

I like the idea of using a full featured IPSec client and will give it a
try.

Thanks for the hint, Don.

Regards

-Bjoern