[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian <belstsrv at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OT: Multi-line VOIP service
 Date:  Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:00:17 -0400
For an office environment, I would look at www.nuvio.com, specifically
their Centrex product.  The feature list is awesome for a small office
with the ability to set up entire menu systems and hunt groups, etc much
like expensive PBX systems.  They host all of the business logic and you
only receive IP Phones.

I have the service set up for my remote office of my company and if all
goes well we may roll it out to our corporate office (10+ lines) and
another smaller office (8 or so lines).

For small companies that do not want/need to buy and maintain their own
PBX solutions, I think their product is excellent.

Call quality has also been very good so far.  I'm using the G729 codec
which compresses the traffic a bit, but it has been so good I have not
seen a need to switch to the uncompressed G711 codec, but they do offer it.

If you check out the pricing and features and are interested, I can put
you in touch with the fellow that helped me with my purchase, he was
very helpful and is actually a telcom broker and was able to help me
with other services as well.

Contact me off list for his contact info, if you would like it.

Regards,
Brian