[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron with Morad" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: OT: Multi-line VOIP service
 Date:  Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:02:07 -0600
Just mentioning we are in the same boat regarding the costs of setting up
the Asterisk server and supporting hardware.  We purchased a single T1 card
for our server which and paid $645 USD.  The PC is just a used one we had
laying around (we may upgrade after testing).  We also acquired two channel
banks.  The costs do add up - especially if you're just serving 6 people
with 3 lines.

You may be better off using an off the shelf FXO gateway (D-Link and many
others make them up to 16 lines in) for a couple hundred.  That's assuming
you will just get analog lines into your facility and just VOIP between
offices.  The other better option is using someone else's service.

Aaron