[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Nans Delrieu <delrieu dot nans at laposte dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Monowall and Captive Portal ? How it works ?
 Date:  Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:37:03 +0200
Hello all

I want to understand how captive portal works with monowall. (in stable
version 1.11)
Is there a web server on monowall which prints the web page to the
client ? (I think not but i'm not sure)

When the user gives his login and password. Are there forwarded to
radius directly ? I would like to know how the login and password are
given to radius exactly somoene can help me ?.

When a user is authenticated, is he filtered only on his mac adress ?
All the rules to deny access first then permit it are done by the
firewall.??  Or, is there a program which do that separetly ?
Excuse me for my bad english. :o(

Help me
I'm lost.

Thanks