[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Stahlin <Jim at stahlin dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Hard drive install problems
 Date:  Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:29:19 -0500
I am not sure if this is the right link to use for the mailing list but
I'm going to try anyway.

I have an old compaq Deskpro 4000 that I have been using for a long time
to run monowall using the CD/Floppy install.
(a P133, 96MB ram, 3 intel pci nic cards)

It works fine but I am getting errors from it that are kind of strange.
(segmentaion faults, core dumps and periodic rebooting and floppy disk
access for no reason).

I think it may be a problem with the CDrom or floppy drive so I tried to
install monowall to the hard drive.  When I do the HD install the
computer boots up but hangs right after the IPfilter/ipsec line.  It
waits and then says this:
ad:0 read command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices .. done
ad0: (hard drive info)

but it does not move on from here.  I have tried 3 different drives and
both the 1.2b8 and 1.11 monowall versions.

Any help as to something else to try would be appreciated.