[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rino M Nur <rino at melsa dot net dot id>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Monowall Captive Portal
 Date:  Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:13:28 +0700 (JAVT)
Dear all,

I Have freeBSD Box with NAT,DNS and Proxy Service and other service
running on it as a dsl Router. Now i have a small client hotspot user in
our office. I'm plan to auth all user to get internet connection to
portal page. I Found a great captive portal that's monowall. Then i simply
setup monowall, this is for illustration :

Router----------------------Monowall Box------------------client
202.138.?.? <Public IP      LAN: 192.168.0.250/24         DHCP
192.168.0.1/24 <Private IP  WAN: 192.168.0.251/24
NAT 1:1			    DHCP: 192.168.0.252 to
				  192.168.0.252	<-- Just Test

The client get ip addr from monowall box
And Page redirecting works with radius log say login correct.
But i'cant browse to outside, then i try to ping to isp ip with no luck.
my client ip :
ip 192.168.0.252
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.250
dns 192.168.0.250

Can i use monowall for LAN authentication (Captive Portal) within same
subnet with client,
so monowall just pass through the packet if it passed from monowall auth ?

Thanks

RMN