[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sunil arora <arora dot sunil at gmail dot com>
 To:  Nans Delrieu <delrieu dot nans at laposte dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall and Captive Portal ? How it works ?
 Date:  Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:42:13 +0530
You will have to enable captive portal on m0n0 interface and will have
to upload a sample captive portal authentication page. What happens
is:

m0n0wall runs a tiny webserver ( on port 8000) for authentication  and
captures the user the first time he tries to pass through m0n0 and
takes him on the user login page.
I am assuming you have checked on "radius authentication". then
captive portal will authenticate from the radius server and after
getting "Access-Accept" packet for this user, it will allow this user
through m0n0wall.

i think it gives you some understanding atleast.

-sunil