[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claude Morin <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 To:  Jim Stahlin <Jim at stahlin dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hard drive install problems
 Date:  Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:30:22 -0400
Segmentation faults, rebooting, etc. ... this sounds exactly like a RAM
problem. Remember that the CDROM is used only for booting, so a bad IDE
cable probably won't affect anything once the system is up.

Try running memtest86+ (http://www.memtest.org/). You can either download
the image from that site (floppy, USB key or CDROM) or as part of the INSERT
bootable mini-CD Linux project (http://www.inside-security.de/insert_en.html)
or the Knoppix bootable CD Linux project (http://www.knoppix.net/).

-klode