[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vinc Duran <uberpfloyd at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Printing over pptp VPN
 Date:  Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:16:52 -0600
I recently setup a HP 7210 printer over pptp on monowall. I could
browse to the printers web page but I couldn't get the HP installation
software to believe the printer was really available at the IP
address. HP tech support had me use the generic tcp/ip port (note not
the HP generic...) and choose LPR with the server name L1 and just
choose the generic officejet printer driver and I was mostly working
in not too much time.