[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tommaso Di Donato <tommaso dot didonato at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Porting webGUI to Linux
 Date:  Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:39:25 +0200
Hi to all!
I'm sorry if this question is not strictly related to m0n0wall.... I hope to
receive a usefull replay, not only "we are not using linux"....
I'm trying to port m0n0wall philosopy (xml config file, webgui, and so on)
to a linux system (based on whitebox linux, if someone is interested in why
this particular distro, I would be pleased to explain). For the moment, I
modified rc.bootup in order to set hostname, loopback and etherne t
configuration directly from config.xml..
My problem is that every time I execute this file, I receive these 2 error:
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: noparseconfig in /etc/inc/config.inc on line
119
PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /etc/inc/util.inc on line 302
From what I can understand, the first is due to he fact that, when m0n0wall
boots, rc.initial is executed, and sets some global variables.. like
$noparseconfig and $booting. Is it right? But how are they used? In a system
installed directly on a disk, I really need them? Are they only for the
first-time setup?

Please, I would very pleased to receive as many docs as you can: I would
like to port the marvellous features of m0n0wall to an embedded linux box.
Thank you in advance.

Bests,
Tommaso