[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Gibson <agibson at ptm dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Porting webGUI to Linux
 Date:  Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:46:05 -0400
I do not have any answers for you but I just wanted to say that I would
be interested in any progress with a Linux adaptation a m0n0wall type
system.  From my experiences with Linux it would solve some of the
problems I am having with m0n0wall(vpn reliability with Symantec
Enterprise Firewall, not being able to connect from the LAN to the WAN
IP for port forwards), and more helpers/iptables modules for protocols
that are not very NAT friendly.

I hope that some day somebody with openbsd experience tries to get
something like m0n0wall running on openbsd too... the firewall failover
stuff in openbsd would be a HUGE reason for me to use it in some
locations over any other OS.

Dont get me wrong... m0n0wall on freebsd runs great for what it is meant
to do.  I switched from custom Linux iptables firewalls to m0n0wall
because of it's easy upgradability, the embedded nature of m0n0wall and
it's awesome GUI.  I just think having a m0n0wall like setup on Linux(or
openbsd) and still tailored for embedded devices would better suit some
peoples needs like myself.