[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <jonathan dot de dot graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Tommaso Di Donato" <tommaso dot didonato at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Porting webGUI to Linux
 Date:  Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:24:37 +0200
The choice of BSD is obious. More powerfull then Linux (I know there lots of
funky iptables modules etc) but the fact is that BSD has a MUCH better IP
stack and routing code and is faster in forwarding packets with less memory.

Why not OpenBSD but FreeBSD instead? FreeBSD has better hardware support.
Moving from FreeBSD to OpenBSD isn't difficult. I wouldn't do porting to
linux. (for too many various reasons)

So my question is: why do you want to port the stuff to linux?

I use the following network setup in 1 of the company's I worked for:

Internet-internet router(cisco)-FreeBSD firewall-Linux NAT

Kind Regards

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve