[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'Adam Emery'" <subscribe at aehome dot net>, <dstrout at maine dot rr dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IPSec Client for WinXP
 Date:  Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:52:50 -0400
Adam Emery wrote:
> I never had much luck with the xp ipsec.  It could have just been me
> though...  For ease of use I would recommend a client from netscreen
> or netgear.  They are identical except for the little emblem and are
> fairly easy to configure and lock down.

I know the NetGear client is a branded version of SafeNet SoftRemoteLT
(I have not seen the netscreen client)

I would concur with the notion that XP IPSec is difficult to
configure. I think the $40-50 USD for the Netgear client is worth
avoiding the headache of configuring the MS client.

James W. McKeand