[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claude Morin <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 To:  Brian McKerr <brian at mckerrs dot net>
 Cc:  Jonny Lindholm <jonny dot lindholm at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Download slows upload
 Date:  Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:42:09 -0400
While the solution you're referring to is for ADSL lines, I think it solves
a different problem, where a full-bore upload starves downloads. Besides,
Johnny says his upload speed drops to near zero. If memory serves, in the
reverse situation (full-bore upload starves downloads), the download speed
is still at least 10% or 20% of maximum. Lastly, he says he has 10Mbps
up/down (posted after your reply, I think); the starvation issue is most
noticeable for asymmetric connections.

Johnny: have you tried checking the output of netstat -i from the
exec.phppage and looking for input errors, output errors, or
collisions?

-klode