[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bjoern Euler (Lists at edain)" <lists at edain dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Free VPN Client
 Date:  Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:10:17 +0200
Just did a quick test:

It is nothing more than a expanded firewall with restrictions for single
applications. The first thing I experienced was a srewed rule for
mozilla thunderbird which wasn't even deletable.

The VPN part is only a GUI for the built in XP stuff, nothing more.
Encryption is limited to 3DES and no aggressive mode possible.
Best one: I configured a tunnel and after a small animation it said: vpn
tunnel established.
For only there was not a single nic connected on the box...

There is some room for improvements from securepoint.

Regards

-Bjoern