[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  David Lawley <dlawley at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OT:simple dns servers like m0n0wall?
 Date:  Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:07:09 -0400
http://www.freesco.org/?L=overview

FREESCO is based on the Linux operating system and incorporates many
of the features of a full operating system into software that fits on
a single 1.44 meg floppy diskette. With FREESCO, you can make:

    * a simple bridge with up to 10 Ethernet segments
    * a router with up to 10 Ethernet segments
    * a dialup line router
    * a leased line router
    * an Ethernet router
    * a dial-in server with up to 10 modems (with multiport modems).
    * a time server
    * a dhcp server
    * a http server
    * a ftp server
    * a dns server
    * a ssh server
    * a print server (requires TCP/IP printing client software)

- Don

On 6/18/05, David Lawley <dlawley at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Just a quick thanks to the m0n0wall team for work and dedication to
> their project.
>
> One of the things I really like about using m0n0 is the simple
> hardware and install requirements, almost no moving parts.
>
> To you my peers, I wondering if a similar approach is avail in a dns
> server.  I have found a few simple solutions but don't really want to
> dedicate a whole system with  hard drive and all and the m0n0wall
> approach with a single bootable cd and no hd is what i would like to
> find.  I have done a few google searches but maybe i need to refine it
> a bit as all i seem to find is some utility to install into an
> existing system.
>
> Sorry this is OT, just wanting to find something to dns with that uses
> the same simple design.

Don Munyak
Network Administrator
Professional Management Group of Virginia