[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Dugas" <paul at dugas dot cc>
 Subject:  Traffic Shaper for VoIP
 Date:  Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:35:31 -0400 (EDT)
I'm curious as to how others are doing traffic shaphing for their VoIP
traffic.  Are you setting up dedicaed pipes or are you using queues within
single pipes in each direction?  How well is it working for you?  How have
you tested it?

I've currently got a couple sites setup with Asterisk PBXs and m0n0wall
routers.  I used the "wizard" on each then added a rule to send IAX
traffic to the "High Priority" queues.  Seems to work but the traffic
levels aren't too high so I've not really stressed it.

Paul
--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer           Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas dot cc     phone: 404-932-1355   522 Black Canyon Park