[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Matt Ferris - ABC Communications Ltd." <matt at abccomm dot com>
 To:  Tommaso Di Donato <tommaso dot didonato at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Porting webGUI to Linux
 Date:  Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:51:01 -0700
On 6/18/2005 9:23 AM,Tommaso Di Donato wrote:
> The aim of my project are, in a first step, very "smaller": my first goal is
> to create a m0n0wall-lile linux in order to do transparent antivirus
> filtering to pop3, smt and web traffic. for this reason, I want to integrate
> p3scan,postfix and snort in the webgui. Later, I will add all the feature
> m0n0wall is famous for.
> But in this first stage, I experience some problems in porting the
> scripts... It is only 2 days that I am working on this, but I hope to solve
> them easily....At this moment, I have the webgui up and running under
> Apache, but every page is very slow in loading, I think because I receive
> lots of errors in the scripts:
> "[client 192.168.1.254 <http://192.168.1.254>] PHP Notice: Uninitialized
> string offset: 0 in /etc/inc/util.inc on line 301, referer:
> http://192.168.1.128/
> [client 192.168.1.254 <http://192.168.1.254>] PHP Notice: Undefined offset:
> 1 in /var/www/html/system.php on line 35, referer: http://192.168.1.128/
> [client 192.168.1.254 <http://192.168.1.254>] PHP Notice: Undefined
> variable: input_errors in /var/www/html/system.php on line 162, referer:
> http://192.168.1.128/
> [client 192.168.1.254 <http://192.168.1.254>] PHP Notice: Undefined
> variable: savemsg in /var/www/html/system.php on line 163, referer:
> http://192.168.1.128/
>
> Anyone could help me in solving these problems? Is apache slow due to those
> errors??

I doubt it. PHP is just running with a high error reporting level.
NOTICE level errors aren't really used for anything more than reporting
fine details in the script execution. As you can see in the examples you
posted, these messages are merely reporting undefined or unitialized
variables.

Check out http://www.php.net/manual/ref.errorfunc.php for details on
changing the error reporting level withing PHP.

--
Matt Ferris <matt at abccomm dot com>
Senior Web Developer / Asst. Systems Administrator