[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ben Z" <b underscore zarboni at rogers dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Using minicron
 Date:  Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:01:47 -0400
Hello all.

I have a script that I would like to run every few minutes or so. I've been trying to get it running
repetitively with minicron, but I believe that I'm doing something wrong, because it does not get
called at the interval I specfied.

For example, the script I want to call is called "keepalive.php". I have put it in the
/usr/local/www/ folder. It gets called once after bootup (which works fine), and the I use the line:
 exec("/usr/local/bin/minicron $interval {$g['varrun_path']}/minicron.cp.pid " .
  "/usr/local/www/keepalive.php");
(where $interval has been set to 300, 120, 60.... without success).

CAn anyone tell if I'm doing something wrong. Has anybody else used Manuel's minicron to accomplish
something successfully??

Thanks,

Ben Z