[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Craig FALCONER <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  'Louis' <m0n0 dot ch at hourfollowshour dot org>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Dual Wan Router (XiNCOM)
 Date:  Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:23:06 +1200
Your main problem with this solution is inbound connections.

That router is more of a "home user" product for people who want to use two
connections at the same time, rather than a real business multi-route
solution.

Because of this, each WAN connection will have its own IP(s).  Thus incoming
connections will not be load balanced or redundant.

You need to either get one of these routers on trial, or find someone who
has one.  Most likely the router does NAT, so your m0n0wall box will either
be double NATting, or just routing in the same subnet.  This would make the
DMZ impossible to configure.