[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claude Morin <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Getting M0n0 to work with an external dsl router
 Date:  Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:59:00 -0400
What about the *Block private networks* option on the Interfaces: WAN page?
I haven't used such a setup myself, but the description says:
When set, this option blocks traffic from IP addresses that are reserved for
private networks as per RFC 1918 (10/8, 172.16/12, 192.168/16) as well as
loopback addresses (127/8). You should generally leave this option turned
on, unless your WAN network lies in such a private address space, too.

-klode