[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "alan walters" <alan at aillweecave dot ie>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] feature request: VIA C3 nehemiah support
 Date:  Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:36:00 +0200
The C3 benchmark results I posted to the pfsense list obviously were without hardware encryption.
CPU-Load was high during the tests and a C3 with padlock should work at nearly full interfacespeed
on a 100 mbit connection from what via promises on their site. open-vpn could take advantage of
padlock pobably though but openvpn was removed due to messing up opt interfaces in pfsense.
With other words: there is no padlock support for ipsec at the moment. The bench showed pure
software-encryption. m0n0 should have similiar performance here, maybe even better because of the
faster 4.11 core.

Holger Bauer