[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Guhl <pgnews at siconline dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b8.....bummer
 Date:  Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:14:03 +0200
Hello

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 09:23 -0400, Jim Gifford wrote:
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=162&actionargs[]=66

Well, he made it clear. We are already using some soekris-based
m0n0walls as access points and it works well for us. We have got a
couple of atheros cards in stock. Isn't there any chance that
atheros-support is getting back one day?

BTW: We are using FreeBSD 5.4 at our servers now. Couldn't say it's bad.
Of course - standard server hardware is much faster than embedded
devices. Therefore performance isn't much of a problem in normal cases.

I have read about building a custom kernel... well, why not?  Of course
this only works if the atheros is supported by the 4.11-kernel at all.

Regards
    Peter
--
Peter Guhl <pgnews at siconline dot ch>