[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Dynamic Shaping Problem AGAIN
 Date:  Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:43:20 +0100
> Magic
> Shaper is not working as I'm especting.

What rules has it created for you? Have you enabled the "share bandwidth
evenly between clients" checkbox?

> Also I like to ask how to limit
> users not to use download accelerrators like dap or getright,

Ask them politely to not do so.
Seriously, to the best of my knowledge, there's no reliable way of doing
this, and even if you did limit clients to one external connection at a
time, it would end up breaking things:

> So how can I
> limit one LAN IP can request public URL only once.

This will probably break web browsing for at least some of your users. Many
browsers these days pipeline HTTP requests by default (multiple connections
to one server).

In all honesty, if you've only got 5 users to contend with, all sharing a
reasonable pipe, just having a discussion with them will usually do the job.
Explain their bandwidth is shared with others and irresponsible use will
prevent others from using the connection satisfactorily.

Regards,

Chris