I'm not really competent to wade through the log without spending a bunch of
time doing additional reading. Just in case it helps, perhaps you could
answer a few questions:
- What exactly happens after you see the user authentication
diagnostic? For example, does the WXP client think the connection is live
for any length of time at all?
- Are you using the PPTP service built into the m0n0wall or
redirecting from the m0n0wall to some other PPTP server?
- Do you have a username and password (and possibly a user-specific IP
address) defined or are you using RADIUS authentication?
- What PPTP server address have you defined?
- What remote address range have you defined?
- What IP addresses are you using internally (on the LAN)?
- Are you requiring 128-bit encryption on either side or both sides?
On 6/21/05, Jonas Claesson <jonas dot claesson at home dot se> wrote:
> I know this issue has been discussed in several threads on this list but
> none has offered a solution that works for me.
> I'm trying to connect to a Monowall (1.2b9) with a public IP. I am able
> to get to the authentication part and then it times out.
> The client (WInXP) is NATed but is able to connect to other PPTP servers
> so the error is probably on the server side.
> Below is the log from the Monowall. Any help is much appreciated.