[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claude Morin <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 To:  Jonas Claesson <jonas dot claesson at home dot se>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Can't connect to PPTP from WAN.
 Date:  Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:58:49 -0400
I'm not really competent to wade through the log without spending a bunch of
time doing additional reading. Just in case it helps, perhaps you could
answer a few questions:

   - What exactly happens after you see the user authentication
   diagnostic? For example, does the WXP client think the connection is live
   for any length of time at all?
    - Are you using the PPTP service built into the m0n0wall or
   redirecting from the m0n0wall to some other PPTP server?
   - Do you have a username and password (and possibly a user-specific IP
   address) defined or are you using RADIUS authentication?
    - What PPTP server address have you defined?
   - What remote address range have you defined?
   - What IP addresses are you using internally (on the LAN)?
    - Are you requiring 128-bit encryption on either side or both sides?

-klode