[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Daniel Foster" <dan at melbourne dot co dot uk>
 To:  "Chris Knight" <boheme at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on a WatchGuard Firebox v80?
 Date:  Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:11:40 +0100
Hi Chris,

I donít know the answer to the question about the watchguard 4 port nic, I was wondering the same
myself, we have four Watchguard fireboxes, which are about to be replaced with m0n0walls (amazing
that a "free" piece of software is more feature-rich than firewalls that costs thousands).

I recently picked up a number of these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5777740903&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Tested them with my m0n0wall test box and they worked great (infact I had three of them in one pc at
one point, and it picked up all 12 ports very happily!)

Hope this helps - as I say I donít know if the watchguard custom card will ever work, I suspect the
answer would be that it's probably not worth the hassle if you can swap it out for a "standard" 4
port card...

Dan