[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Daniel Foster" <dan at melbourne dot co dot uk>
 To:  "Chris Knight" <boheme at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on a WatchGuard Firebox v80?
 Date:  Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:11:40 +0100
Hi Chris,

myself, we have four Watchguard fireboxes, which are about to be replaced with m0n0walls (amazing
that a "free" piece of software is more feature-rich than firewalls that costs thousands).

I recently picked up a number of these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5777740903&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Tested them with my m0n0wall test box and they worked great (infact I had three of them in one pc at
one point, and it picked up all 12 ports very happily!)

answer would be that it's probably not worth the hassle if you can swap it out for a "standard" 4
port card...

Dan